3-credit internships and teaching assistantships that engage Arts & Humanities methodologies and/or disciplines are eligible to fulfill Honors Humanities requirements. Any 3-credit study abroad program recognized by the University of Maryland is eligible to fulfill Honors Humanities requirements, upon completion of a program assignment. Whether for Honors Humanities credit or not, our students work and study in a variety of fields all over the Washington area and the world.Students can enroll in our internship course, HHUM328 for 1-3 credits. An internship with Honors Humanities offers an opportunity to contribute to our program in various ways, including:
- Editing the newsletter to help us share Honors Humanities news with prospective students, current students, and alumni.
- Organizing our annual symposium.
- Creating and curating content for our social media accounts.
- Serving as our program photographer.
Students can also complete a 3-credit Teaching Assistantship for HHUM105 or HHUM106.
Students are also able to intern elsewhere on campus. Here are just a few of the on-campus internships our students have worked:
Many students choose an off-campus internship. Here are several examples of intership experiences our students have had:
- Global Service Abroad in the Dominican Republic
- Political Science in Reims, France
- Public Health Without Borders in Peru
- Public Health & Family Science in Cuba
- UMD Summer Abroad in Spain (Salamanca and Barcelona)
- Spring Break Abroad in Paris
- Pembroke-King's Programme at University of Cambridge
- Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies in Rome
- London and the History of the British Empire
- Critical Languages Scholarship Program in Suzhou, China
- Rabat, Morocco
- Maryland in Montpellier
- Sociology Exchange Program, University of Surrey in England
- Landscape Architecture and Music in Italy
- Jagiellonian University Summer School of Language and Culture in Kraków, Poland
- Maryland Social Entrepreneur Corps (MSEC), Dominican Republic
- Taiwan-US Scholarship Alliance
- Beijing Language and Culture University
- Documentary Photography, Oaxaca, Mexico
- Salzburg Academy on Media and Global Change
- London School of Economic and Political Science